Dear Brothers and Sisters:
We are excited to have the opportunity to study the Doctrine and Covenants in our homes and in Sunday School this coming year. The theme we have prayerfully selected for our Stake this year is “The gospel of Jesus Christ joyfully lived, is the answer to all ills”.
Our Stake Conference in January and our Ward Conferences will focus on:
• living the gospel of Jesus Christ
• caring for those in need
• inviting all to receive the gospel
• uniting families for eternity
We will also continue to work as a stake on the implementation of inspired adjustments given during these unique times. The Pleasant Grove Utah East Stake semi-annual conference will be held January 23-24 with President Christopher C. Brown presiding. Due to the unique circumstances surrounding COVID only a small number of participants will be able to attend in person with everyone else being invited to participate via the internet. Below are links that can be used to access the adult and general sessions of conference.
We invite our Ward Councils to work together to see that every member in the stake receives an invitation to participate. The schedule and location of meetings for this stake conference will be as follows:
• Saturday January 23rd, 5:00 p.m. Adult Session
- All stake members 18 years old and older
• Sunday January 24th, 7:00 a.m. Leadership Session
- Stake Presidency, High Councilors, Bishoprics, Elders Quorum Presidencies including secretaries), ward executive secretaries, and ward clerks
• Sunday January 26th, 10:00 a.m. General Session
- All stake members
We look forward to being with you and worshipping together at our upcoming stake conference. We know that the messages presented will both inspire and instruct. We express our deep love for you and our appreciation for your goodness and service to the Lord and others.
Christopher C. Brown
Steven C. Smith
Matthew S. Nelson